Monday, November 17, 2008

Utah



This is the perfect picture to show you from the trip to Utah because Fisher went through so many changes in the short month we were there. From crawling to standing, clapping & peek a boo, he conquered many milestones. He's amazing and having most of my family and friends meet him made it even more real for me.

This time the trip home was far from a vacation. The rental proved to be a pain in the arrssss, but it's finally rented. This was harder than I expected. Not kidding, 3out of 4 applicants were felons. Mommy can we move to Ogden?

Also, Wendy experienced her very own, very serious Angelic Intervention to keep her from going back to work. Uncle Jim had an interesting tour of Ogden at 3:00am and a false alarm of Meningitis. I spoke to him through a mask and rubber gloves for three days. Turned out to be a sinus infection, I think. Another very good friend, Gail has cancer in her back and it's causing her nerves that run down her leg to cause her very intense pain. She remains as beautiful as I've ever seen her, but she's now in a wheelchair. Some of you know her, and you're lucky for that. She's like no other. I'm thankful for seeing her and saying goodbye proved to be too much because I extended my stay another week just to see her again.

So a week later, the night I left, I decided I needed one last fix of Taco Taco. Jim, his daughters and their Mom Debbie came with me. Unfortunately, Debbie had a stroke during dinner. Seriously.

With everything that transpired I was almost convinced I wasn't meant to leave, but instead, I ran like hell onto that plane headed for Alaska. Even still, I'm thankful I was able to come home to Utah when I did and I couldn't have timed it better if I had tried. Having so many true friends and family in distress like this would have proved too hard to handle thousands of miles away.

That being said, I couldn't be happier being home with Fish in our beautiful cocoon surround by snow in freezing weather. I appreciate every moment of everyday, as life is short.

Always speak your mind, always love instead of hate and be grateful for the little things and big people in your life.

Loves,

Liz

No comments: